Alex Renshaw is a founding partner of The Dogma Group. He graduated from Miami University (OH) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. Alex worked for four years managing multiple sales teams for Frito Lay in Cincinnati, OH and worked in multiple bars on the side. Moved to Chicago to pursue improv comedy and work in a bar. Landed at Sable Kitchen and Bar, learned how to make a proper drink, and never turned back. After 2.5 years with Sable, Alex went on to run DrumBar at the rooftop of the Raffaello hotel in conjunction with being the beverage director for Menin Hospitality (Miami, FL). He is currently consulting on the following projects with The Dogma Group: Presidio, The Dawson, The Gage, and Fernet-Dogma with CH distillery.
Outside of his work with Sable and DrumBar, Alex is a current member of the Tales of the Cocktail Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) leadership team. He has helped execute and organize back of the house operations as a CAP for the past 3 years and has joined the leadership team for 2015 Tales of the Cocktail planning.
- Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge 2012 – U.S. Finalist
- Cointreau Ambassador of Libations 2012 – U.S. Finalist
- 1 of top 10 bartenders to watch in the country 2013 – Beverage Media
- 30 under 30 culinary influencers 2014 – Zagat
- 1 of top 10 new mixologists in the country 2014 – Food & Wine Magazine
- Beverage Alcohol Resource (BAR) 5-Day Ready 2014
- Diageo World Class Midwest Regional Finalist – 2014
- Diplomatico World Cocktail Tournament 2015 – U.S. Finalist